Sunday, January 9, 2011

Breastfeeding Cafe

Yeah...tons of posts today...whatever. Making up for lost time. This is just a shout out for the breastfeeding cafe I went to when I was pregnant. I may have blogged about it at the time but I am too lazy to look. It was at a baby spa(read yuppy trend) in Cary. On Fridays at lunch, you can go talk with other breastfeeding mamas and a leader for free. It is super informal and GREAT. I had read to go when pregnant to ask questions and such. I found it great for that but mostly, I got to see people breastfeeding in person. Not in a sitting-at-a-table-with-a-cover breastfeeding. You got to see the mechanics and even once I saw an indian woman come in with her 5 day old and mother to get help with latch. Since it was so informal, a lot of moms seem to just come to talk to other moms and offer help. There weren't many people with problems the first time I was there so they were great at just giving me(and another girl) advice. I felt so comfortable and always knew that when LT got here, I had someone I could call. Luckily we didn't have that many issues that I couldn't just get help from healthcare at SAS. I never went back because it was so far away from the house on maternity leave but I wish I would have just done it to see the girls. It would have been a good outlet then. O well. Maybe next time. Anyway, Go Ask Mom on WRAL.com just wrote an article about the cafe and it just got me thinking about it again. Check it out:

What happens at a breastfeeding cafe?

No comments:

Post a Comment